New Contributor II

Hello everybody,

Need help creating a pipeline. The data am working on looks like below:

Header
Datatype
Data
Data
Data

This is a CSV file so every column comes as a string. I want to create a pipeline which will look at the first row and change the datatype of that particular column using mapper.

My thought was to initially find only columns in the form of a table(group) and pass one by one as a parameter into a mapper placed within a pipeline execute. The mapper within the pipeline will have something similar to group[1].contains(โ€˜dateโ€™)?Date.parse(_parameter):group[1].contains(โ€˜charโ€™)?_parameter:group[1].contains(โ€˜charโ€™)?_parameter:parseInt(_parameter)

Can anyone help me how to bring out only column names as an array/table so that I can try out my logic.

(OR) if you have any other easier method to do this, then can you please share.

Thanks,
Sunil

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

Can anyone look into this please. Is this an issue with Snowflake snaps?

I used Snowflake Bulk Load snap many times before to upload data. Usually, I create necessary tables using DDL statements before hand in snowflake and then use Bulk Load snap in my pipelines, but this is the first time am using โ€˜Create table if not presentโ€™.

Thanks,
Sunil

smanoharan
Employee
Employee

@vsunilbabu If Create new table if not present option is selected without providing the schema in a secondary input view, varchar will be used for all the columnโ€™s data types.

In your use case, you can provide the schema of the table that you want to create in a second input view to get exactly the data type that you want in the Snowflake Table.

The first example mentioned in the Snowflake Bulk Load snapโ€™s documentation covers a similar use case with an example: https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/1438549/Snowflake+-+Bulk+Load

snowflake_bulk_load_provide_schema

cc: @dmiller