cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OAuth2 Return Values to transform data

pcoleman
New Contributor III

Hi...We have a problem with OAuth2 authorization to Raiser's Edge.

I can use the Account and get a token back...The problem is that their API expects us to pass that token in the HTTP Headers as a Bearer token.

This is non standard and it appears that when we use the Account construct the API isn't getting the message that it's properly authorized.

I've come up with a hack for this...using HTTP Client...I make a bad call to their API and then use the debug data from that error view, I can scrape out the access_token and do what I want with it.

pcoleman_0-1707263074647.png

pcoleman_1-1707263117618.png

pcoleman_2-1707263183019.png

This is obviously a pretty hacky solution and it relies on me creating debug info via a bad call. I'd like to know if there's any way to reference the OAuth2 call results in the HTTP Client or REST Snaps without taking this route.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AleksandarAngel
Contributor III

Hello @pcoleman,

In the HTTP Client OAuth2 account configuration, there is the option Header authenticated that might be what you are looking for.

AleksandarAngel_0-1707295134079.png

For more information please refer to the OAuth2 Account Documentation.

Let me know if this helps you.

Regards,

Aleksandar.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AleksandarAngel
Contributor III

Hello @pcoleman,

In the HTTP Client OAuth2 account configuration, there is the option Header authenticated that might be what you are looking for.

AleksandarAngel_0-1707295134079.png

For more information please refer to the OAuth2 Account Documentation.

Let me know if this helps you.

Regards,

Aleksandar.

Thank you @AleksandarAngel,

My mistake was that the "Send client data as Basic Auth Header" had also been checked. You sent me in the right direction! Thank you.

Paul