cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding Header to file

Kishor_Kamal
New Contributor

Hi,
I am new to snaplogic . I want to name my outputfile with name(Like heading of the table) .What snap i should use to namethe table ?

2 REPLIES 2

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Hey @Kishor_Kamal,

Your request is a bit unclear. If you are trying to read from a table, and write the data into a file, use some type of formatter per your request (CSV, JSON, Excel, etc.) and a File Writer at the end. This use case will write the data in a file on SLDB, or file protocols like FTP, SFTP โ€ฆ for which the snap needs a proper configuration, see documentation for more details:

SnapLogic Documentation: File Writer

If youโ€™re trying to write the file using Web Services, than your configuration will take much more than a single header, but for information, the header for naming the file is Content-Disposition. I hope youโ€™ll find this helpful, if not, share more information on your process.

Regards,
Bojan

Hi bojan ,
Thank for commenting back on my post . I was building simple pipeline to create CSV file and which need to be group together by common heading name โ€ฆIs it good choice to use group By N snap for this situation.