cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AWS Gov Cloud and the S3 File Reader

rpatrick00
Contributor

My company uses sub accounts under a master account to control access and track resources in AWS Gov Cloud. I am trying to get an account configured for the S3 File Reader that works in this configuration. Seems simple enough, I specify my access key and secret key and set the Cross Account IAM Roleโ€™s Role ARN field but the validation is failing:

Failed to validate account: The security token included in the request is invalid. (Service: AWSSecurityTokenService; Status Code: 403; Error Code: InvalidClientTokenId; Request ID: 4961a29f-a875-4c69-9665-e640610bc840) (Reason: No reason provided by the snap; Resolution: No resolution provided by the snap)

On my local machine, my ~/.aws/config file looks something like this:

[default]
 region = us-gov-west-1

[profile engineer]
 role_arn = arn:aws-us-gov:iam::############:role/Sandbox_Administrator
 source_profile = default
 region = us-gov-west-1

and my ~/.aws/credentials file looks something like this:

[default]
aws_access_key_id = <redacted>
aws_secret_access_key = <redacted>

When I run AWS CLI commands, I have to add โ€œโ€“profile engineerโ€ to the command line but everything works properly.

Any clues as to what I need to do to make this work with the S3 File Reader?

1 REPLY 1

rpatrick00
Contributor

It seems that SnapLogic is unable to work with Gov Cloud accounts. I removed the Cross Account IAM Role settings and tried to validate my Account:

Failed to validate account: Failed to validate account, Cause: The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our records. (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: InvalidAccessKeyId; Request ID: F644A531D77D5358; S3 Extended Request ID: 75BtWBVlije/1C3q6xtiIvNJxviuNRdkcibpEPFq9Iot5RAbfDwUFh7RfKuVnlPGwF/Zsf07es4=) (Reason: The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our records. (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: InvalidAccessKeyId; Request ID: F644A531D77D5358; S3 Extended Request ID: 75BtWBVlije/1C3q6xtiIvNJxviuNRdkcibpEPFq9Iot5RAbfDwUFh7RfKuVnlPGwF/Zsf07es4=); Resolution: Please verify if the provided credentials are correct)

If I replace my AWS gov cloud Access Key ID and Secret Key with my AWS commercial account credentials, it all works fine. Sighโ€ฆ