cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Connecting to shared Mailbox Error

nabeleon94
New Contributor

Hello, I am trying to connect to the mailbox and it keep giving me this error. I can connect to the mailbox using outlook without any issues. Any help will be appreciated.
Capture

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Authentication failure suggests invalid credentials (email id or password). I assume you have verified these. You mention that you are able to login to this account. Is multi-factor authentication setup for this account? That might cause problems too. Adding the debug property may help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mbowen
Employee
Employee

Why are you setting the disable plain auth property? Does removing it have a different result? There is a debug property (mail.debug.auth: true) that might help explain whatโ€™s failing (be careful to not paste sensitive data here).

I assume IMAP has been enabled for Outlook account.

Removing โ€˜disable plain auth propertyโ€™ it causes error saying โ€˜Failed to validate account: Failed to connect the email server: outlook.office365.com Cause: AUTHENTICATE failed. (Reason: AUTHENTICATE failed.; Resolution: Please check for valid properties.)โ€™

Authentication failure suggests invalid credentials (email id or password). I assume you have verified these. You mention that you are able to login to this account. Is multi-factor authentication setup for this account? That might cause problems too. Adding the debug property may help.