cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Connection is closed" error with MSSQL service account

mkennedy
New Contributor

I’m running into a strange problem connecting a pipeline to one of my company’s MS SQL servers.

My pipeline requires two service accounts as I’m connecting to servers on two different domains. I tested it using accounts linked to lower environments in each domain, and it worked perfectly. Then I added accounts for our prod environments. One of these works fine, but the other keeps giving me an error “Connection is closed.”

Here’s the stack trace:

com.snaplogic.api.ExecutionException: Could not retrieve a connection to database.
	at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.operations.JdbcOperationsImpl.acquireConnection(JdbcOperationsImpl.java:351)
	at com.snaplogic.snaps.sql.SimpleSqlSelectSnap.defineOutputSchema(SimpleSqlSelectSnap.java:433)
	at com.snaplogic.cc.util.SnapUtil.defineSchema(SnapUtil.java:286)
	at com.snaplogic.cc.snap.common.SnapRunnableImpl.configureSnap(SnapRunnableImpl.java:746)
	at com.snaplogic.cc.snap.common.SnapRunnableImpl.executeForSuggest(SnapRunnableImpl.java:624)
	at com.snaplogic.cc.snap.common.SnapRunnableImpl.doRun(SnapRunnableImpl.java:865)
	at com.snaplogic.cc.snap.common.SnapRunnableImpl.call(SnapRunnableImpl.java:436)
	at com.snaplogic.cc.snap.common.SnapRunnableImpl.call(SnapRunnableImpl.java:120)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Connection is closed
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.ProxyConnection$ClosedConnection.lambda$getClosedConnection$0(ProxyConnection.java:502)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy172.getAutoCommit(Unknown Source)
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariProxyConnection.getAutoCommit(HikariProxyConnection.java)
	at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.connection.ConnectionProxy.getAutoCommit(ConnectionProxy.java:127)
	at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.operations.JdbcOperationsImpl.handleAutoCommit(JdbcOperationsImpl.java:2460)
	at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.operations.JdbcOperationsImpl.acquireConnection(JdbcOperationsImpl.java:346)
	... 13 more
Reason: Connection is closed
Resolution: Please address the reported issue.

This is a general service account for accessing this server, and it works perfectly well for another project. I copied all the configuration information exactly, and the account validates. Is this a problem within SnapLogic, or something I need to take up with my company’s database team?

0 REPLIES 0