cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Copy files from smb to another folder in the same location

nisars
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I have a requirement to move files from one folder to another on the same location. I am using a directory browser to identify the file and then configuring the target. I do not wish to use the file reader and writer due to time constraints and the small window in which the files are available.

$Path = 'smb://server:port/folder1/folder2/filename1.csv
$Target = โ€˜smb://server:port/folder1/folder2/folder3/filename1.csvโ€™

Error- Failure: Unsupported protocol or URL syntax error in smb://xxxxxxx/transfer/CDW/PARR33/AMD/Retail/ARRIMI_PAYTRAN_20180829.csv, Reason: The protocol in the URL is not supported or URL has syntax error., Resolution: Please check if the protocol is supported and the syntax of URL is correct. For example, for SLDB protocol, URL should start with โ€œsldb:///โ€

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

shankarrao2
Employee
Employee

You can use FileOperation Snap to move file from source to destination on the same server, Account configuration you can choose SMB.

https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/187072700/File+Operation

Hope this will help!!

nisars
New Contributor III

Thank you, I can confirm that I am using a SMB account getting that error.

Thanks

stodoroska
New Contributor III

Change this with smb:/// and try again. Maybe that is the issue.

Also, please make sure you are setting the same file name.

Example:

Source: smb:///10.0.1.66:443/transfer/CDW/PARR33/AMD/ARRIMI_PAYTRAN_20180829.csv
Target: smb:///10.0.1.66:443/transfer/CDW/PARR33/AMD/Retail/ARRIMI_PAYTRAN_20180829.csv

somnatha
New Contributor

Tried everything including the above suggestions. Still no luck. Has anyone got it to work?