cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Snappack Name

Mahesh
New Contributor

I’m unable to change name of Snap Pack . Looks like It is showing default name called ‘Demo Snap Pack’ , Can some on suggest me what changes required to modify custom snappack name.

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

5 REPLIES 5

rohithmadhavan
Employee
Employee

I’m assuming you started with the Demo Snap Pack template. To change the name of a Snap Pack, you’ll need to edit the NAME field in the directives file. For the Demo Snap Pack, the file is located here: DemoSnapPack/directives at master · SnapLogic/DemoSnapPack · GitHub.

Mahesh
New Contributor

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your help. It is working as expected after updating NAME filed.

In addition , we couldn’t see “Snap Execution” option in my custom snap GUI , Can you pls share relevant code base reference to enable this feature in my custom snap.

Regards
Mahesh

rohithmadhavan
Employee
Employee

@Mahesh You’re welcome.
The Snap Execution option should appear in the UI without needing changes in the Snap code if the latest snappack-installer was used with an up-to-date Snaplex. Can you confirm whether the Snap pack was built recently using mvn clean install as referenced in Snap Development Documentation?

You could also try changing the Snap Category of one of the Snaps to SnapCategory.WRITE (Snap Development Documentation). This would show an Execute During Preview option in the UI if an older version of snappack-installer was used.

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your help. We are using Read snap, I presume SnapCateory.READ is the right choice. However we are using snappack-installer  as '4.9.0.M1'  as per github demo snapapack pom , kindly advise us expected snappack-installer version to see Snap Execution feature.

Regards
Mahesh