cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DIFF SNAP issue

heidi_andrew
Contributor

When i compare txt type files, everything works well with the DIFF snap but when i try to compare excel files, sometimes the column formats look different and it appears as a MODIFIED row on the report. Is there a trick to that? For example, a money field may look like a text formatted column from one system but in the other may be a number field. DIFF snap is throwing out those as modifications even though the amount is the same in both rows.

2 REPLIES 2

tarena
New Contributor III

The Diff snap evaluates based on the exact values in each column of the incoming records. If a record exists in the Original and New inputs, but has a different data type in a field, then it will be evaluated as a Modification. For example, if a value is stored as โ€œ$50.31โ€ in one document and 50.31 in another document, these are different values and should be marked as a Modification.

The best way to solve this is to standardize the inputs in a Mapper snap before the Diff to align the data types of the inputs. For currency, parseFloat() will probably help.

Excellent idea! I will do that.