Disable/Enable multiple snaps at once

Currently, if the user selects multiple snaps and right-clicks one and selects ‘Disable Snap’, it only disables the snap that the user right-clicked, not all that are selected. The same is true for enabling snaps. This behavior is counter-intuitive, especially when you consider that selecting ‘Delete’ from the drop-down menu deletes all selected snaps, not just the one that we right-clicked. I propose that Disabling/Enabling snaps should apply to all selected snaps.

1 Like

True, but note that disabling a snap effectively disables all downstream snaps.

Thanks. I am aware of that, and that’s fine, but it doesn’t help when you have a pipeline that begins with multiple branches that merge downstream.

For example, I have a pipeline that starts with four different branches, each with some processing that occurs before funneling into a series of joins and a diff snap. If I want to run only one branch to test a change, I have to right-click and disable the first snap on each of the other 3 branches, where it would be much simpler if I could just hold control, select all three, and right click and disable once.

This might sound fairly trivial, but I encounter the issue fairly frequently.

I see. This is a good enhancement request. Thanks for the additional explanation.

1 Like