cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Email delivery Issue

Ksivagurunathan
Contributor

Hi,

We have used Email sender snap in our pipeline. But we observed email not delivering to all email addresses configured in the pipeline. This issue is inconsistent , couldnโ€™t reproduce it all the time. The pipeline completed successfully(No error on the email sender snap), but email not received. Anyone else facing similar problem with email sender snap?

7 REPLIES 7

stephenknilans
Contributor

Email isnโ€™t reliable, or instant. Is it possible a server was down, or it went into quarantine, or it was slow, etcโ€ฆ? If the server went down, it is possible that the sending address, real or possibly the one you entered, will receive a notice stating so. If it was slow, the receiver might receive the message late. Otherwise, it is just lost.

Luckily I havenโ€™t had this problem yet, although we DID have a delay when testing as a group.

Steve

our servers werenโ€™t down. there were two email address configured in the file. One email id received it and another didnโ€™t . We have observed similar issue with password reset as well. we had to reach out to snaplogic support to get the reset password email.

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

You might also not get an email if no information is sent to the Email Snap. For example, I have a pipeline that generates the list of issue submitted in the last 24 hours and emails them to the team. If nothing was submitted, no emails go out. (I eventually changed the pipeline to send a different email if no results to avoid this confusion).

Diane Miller
Community Manager

a document is passed to email sender snap. I verified those before raising a ticket with snaplogic