Enhancement Request: List Started Pipelines

Stemming from List started pipelines regardless of start date, please add a way to list the pipelines that are currently in the “Started” state so that we can easily tell what is currently executing. Thanks!

2 Likes

Based on the other thread, is this an enhancement for the API?

I don’t think I care if its implemented through the API or a snap since I can use a triggered task to ultimately use a snap, essentially making both options the same implementation for my use case. Through the API would be ideal to not have to run it on a snaplex but if there are faster options to make it available, I’m open to them.

@dmiller, I should clarify this should be a list of pipelines in the Started state, regardless of when they were started, whether that be yesterday or 100 days ago. I would hope this would come straight from the node and not just a report of the status the platform believes to be current. Thanks.

Hi Kmiesse,

As a workaround to your problem, if you can maintain a table( for eg: audit_table) in database which will have following columns you can solve this issue:

Pipeline_id, start_time,pipeline_name and status.

When you start your pipeline, populate these fields with these values:

Pipeline_id -> pipe.ruuid
start_time --> Date.now().toLocaleDateTimeString(’{“format”:“YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss”,“timeZone”:“EST”}’)
pipeline_name -> pipe.label
status = ‘In Progress’

Now, after the last step of your pipeline update this table as:

“Update audit_table
set status = ‘Completd’ , batch_endtime = GETDATE() where batch_id=’” + $ruuid + “’”