cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error pipeline failing

rmedeiros
New Contributor III

I built an error pipeline. It works perfectly with some of the pipelines i built, but with others it won’t work. Seems like no error information is being passed to the error pipeline. What am i getting wrong about how error pipeline works?

Error pipeline failed

Reason: [{ruuid=5d0223f9-1a36-403d-9445-20d88d43e7b1, label=ErrorLog Mapper, failure=Unable to write to JSON-Path:
$.snap_details.views.in.input0.count, reason=Expecting object for JSON-Path field reference ‘count’, found: null, resolution=Change the path to refer to an object}]

7 REPLIES 7

Supratim
Contributor III

@rmedeiros Looks like it’s syntax issue (count not found). In your error pipeline you don’t need to explicitly map each and every attribute. Rather have one open/unlinked input view mapper and use pass through option. Just add one/two fields in mapper (name of error pipeline name/ execution time etc.) and use the pass through.
If you don’t want to change your logic then select null safe option in your mapper in error pipeline.

rmedeiros
New Contributor III

I’ll do it. Thanks!

rmedeiros
New Contributor III

Well, i tried turning on the Null Safe and Pass Through options. But some pipelines kept throwing this error on the Error Pipeline. Despite throwing this error, the error pipeline is kind of working, it saves an error log and creates a ticket, as intended, but the error log is an empty JSON, with only the empty brackets. Seems like no error info is being sent to the error pipeline.

@rmedeiros Is it possible to share your error pipeline ? you can remove your endpoint details before sharing.