cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Parser - "Zip bomb detected!" Error

JPaps
New Contributor III

Hi,

I’m trying to parse an excel file with the “Excel Parser” snap and I’m getting the following error:

Zip bomb detected! The file would exceed the max. ratio of compressed file size to the size of the expanded data.
This may indicate that the file is used to inflate memory usage and thus could pose a security risk.
You can adjust this limit via ZipSecureFile.setMinInflateRatio() if you need to work with files which exceed this limit.
Uncompressed size: 670068, Raw/compressed size: 6656, ratio: 0.009933
Limits: MIN_INFLATE_RATIO: 0.010000, Entry: xl/styles.xml

The documentation (https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/1439019/Excel+Parser) states that this error is expected when the excel file is larger than 4GBs but the file that I am attempting to parse is 578KBs

How can I fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JPaps
New Contributor III

After being provided with a copy of the excel file, I have found that it contained 16376 empty columns. Although the file itself was relatively small, I suppose that this amount of columns is just too much to be parsed by Snapogic.

The file was parsed successfully after getting rid of the extra empty columns.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

smudassir
Employee
Employee

Is that file shareable here so we can give it a shot?

JPaps
New Contributor III

I can get a copy of the file but unfortunately I can’t share it here since it has sensitive data in it.

JPaps
New Contributor III

After being provided with a copy of the excel file, I have found that it contained 16376 empty columns. Although the file itself was relatively small, I suppose that this amount of columns is just too much to be parsed by Snapogic.

The file was parsed successfully after getting rid of the extra empty columns.