cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

File writer in Sequence Snap

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi Good Day,

I was trying to use sequence snap in child pipeline so to split the days sequentially which is passed from parent pipeline . To make it understandable , we have a field called Total_Days and start_date from the parent pipeline . For example, if the start_date is 28/01/2021 and Total_Days is 3 , I need an output of 28/01/2021 , 29/01/2021 , 29/01/2021 . This particular logic I obtained using sequence snap in the child . But my concern here is I was not able to write the result in a file as only the last entries are captured . Is there any way to capture the complete entries obtained from sequence snap in a file writer
Parent Snap details:

image ----Parent main flow

image -----Entries in Mapper 4

image ----Pipeline execute entries

Child Snap Details:

image ----Child Pipeline

Thanks,
Harshavardhana

10 REPLIES 10

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

Please elaborate on what you mean by this.

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi ptaylor,

Thanks for the heads-up,

I actually mean to say since we use file overwrite in file writer in child pipeline flow , each time the value will be overwritten with the latest value which comes from the parent . So is there any way to capture all the values associated with this child pipeline flow containing sequence snap so that we can write the values to the file once after the execution of this child pipeline .

Thanks

Harsha3
New Contributor III

So can I use trying other.options instead of overwrite feature

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

Sorry, Iโ€™m still having trouble understanding what the issue is.

Are you saying that every time the child pipeline runs, itโ€™s overwriting the same file? Then why not just change the file name so that itโ€™s unique per execution? There are many ways to do that, such as appending pipe.startTime or pipe.ruuid to the name.

Also, even if the file is being overwritten every time, why canโ€™t you just look at the latest version written?

You can also just validate the child pipeline by itself to test it by setting the pipeline parameters to default values that test the functionality you want to test.