cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "error_code": 1207 while validating before loading Redshift database

amardeep2021
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am trying to load a new redshift table which I have created. While validation, I am getting
“error_code”: 1207
“error_message”: "Invalid digit, Value ‘.’, Pos 9, Type: Integer "
“column_value”: "595546349.04 "

I have tried with DOUBLE PRECISION, REAL to alter the column data type of this redshift table, still getting above error. Also used parseFloat() before using redshift for this field, not working and same error. Does anyone know how to address this? Please let me know.

Regards,
Amar

17 REPLIES 17

mbowen
Employee
Employee

@amardeep2021

A Redshift 1207 load error indicates the data contains a value outside of the expected range of 0-9.

You will receive this error if you try to write this value to an INTEGER field in the database which appears to be the case here – maybe changed during your experiments to get this working. If you change the database field to a REAL or DOUBLE PRECISION, you’ll still get a 1207 if I use your value which appears to have a trailing space. After removing the extra space character, I’m able to insert the value into a real or double field.

amardeep2021
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response Matthew. You are suggesting to use trim() before loading the data for the table data type as double precision or real? Kindly confirm.

Regards,
Amar.

@amardeep2021 yes! well, at least give this a try …

amardeep2021
New Contributor III

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the response. I tried with trim(), still getting same issue. When I notice the input mapper snap preview for this redshift bulk load, I see this value:“595546349.04”,sub-expression: without spaces. When I check the error view of redshift bulk load snap, I see this “column_value”:"595546349.04 ".
How the spaces appended at the end for this, I am not getting. Do you know any other way to address this issue? Please let me know.

Regards,
Amar.