cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to access data from previous snaps

vkandalam
New Contributor II

Hi Have a pipeline where i get data from a triggered task. For testing and dev purpose, I am reading the data from files as the first step. In one of the snaps i am calling another pipeline to query servicenow after the query I want to use the data which got in the first snap and the child pipeline to perform another action. But right after the call to child pipeline i added a mapper and in the mapper I only have access to the data which returned by the child pipeline and the data that was sent to the child pipeline. How can i assess data from first snap or any other snap

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AleksandarAngel
Contributor III

Hi @vkandalam

If you move the first Mapper Snap inside the child pipeline, you will be able to access the documents from the XML Parser in Mapper 1, by accessing the $original object.

BR,
Aleksandar.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

vkandalam
New Contributor II

AleksandarAngel
Contributor III

Hi @vkandalam

If you move the first Mapper Snap inside the child pipeline, you will be able to access the documents from the XML Parser in Mapper 1, by accessing the $original object.

BR,
Aleksandar.

Hi @AleksandarAngelevski Thank you for your reply. This will solve the issue at this stage, but I am going to have a few more calls to other databases and child pipelines and after making these calls I will need to be able to access the information that i had in the previous snaps or the data that was generated in child pipelines. It wonโ€™t be in a linear function. Any snap that i can use which will give me access to data which was generated in any snap in this execution context?

You might consider this approach:

But you have to be aware of the data size, because the Gate Snap keeps the data in memory which can lead to high memory usage of the snaplex.

BR,
Aleksandar.