cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to bring API JSON text into REST Post Snap?

ariana
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to use a JSON file to feed in the body of a response that is working in Postman with curl code like this:

In SnapLogic I added the raw body in a JSON generator and want to feed that into a REST Post Snap. My pipeline looks like this:

With no headers nor queries in Postman, only the JSON/raw body and the service URL, I retrieve results with no issues. However, with Snaplogic I am not receiving output. Has anyone done this? I am told I cannot incorporate the credentials into the headers, it must be in the bodyโ€ฆbut how do I reconcile this with SnapLogic? No one on my team has worked on something externalized that has functioned in this way.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Supratim
Contributor III

@ariana you can try below option-

1. Use mapper and copy entire body {โ€œemailโ€:โ€œโ€,โ€ฆ} and use target field as $ in mapper.
  2. You donโ€™t need to touch anything related to file upload option, rather add header field like below.
  3. Also make sure you choose snap execution as "validate and execution" at below.

Hi there! Thanks for your help. Here is what I am looking at now, still no output:
Mapper -

Mapper validation output -

POST Snap:

Pipeline:

Edit: I will add that I did try simply copying the body into the mapper with โ€œ$โ€ in the Post snap but with the same (lack of) results.

Change HTTP entity from $entity to JSON.stringify($entity).

ariana
New Contributor

Hi ptaylor, thank you for the addition. Do I need to change any other settings if doing that? I am not getting output still โ˜น๏ธ

This is the preview I get when I hover over stringify- is that what I would want? image