cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to combine 2 fixed format documents into one document

sjakathi
New Contributor II

Hi ,

I have a requirement to create a flat file from the XML. The Flat file is having Header and Details section(Both Header and Details sections are of fixed format). So i am using one fixed formatter for header and another one for the details, But the problem is how to combine these 2 different documents into 1 document to form a flat file.
Is there a way i can merge them together into one flat file?

Thanks for the helpโ€ฆ

6 REPLIES 6

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@sjakathi

Have you tried with Join Snap, selecting Merge as a Join type?

Regards,
Spiro Taleski

abirenzi
New Contributor II

Hi @sjakathi,

Were you able to resolve it? Iโ€™m trying to combine 3 different fixed width files in 1 one, any idea on how to accomplish this?

i am also working on a similar file but i do not know what snap to use to get it to file writer. i have tried document binary, fixed formatter but neither produce a populated file.

Hi @heidi.andrew,

Good day, you can always put each fixed with formatter in a different pipeline (child pipeline) then from the parent pipeline have a list of all the child pipeline that needs to be executed output view of the pipeline execute needs to be set to binary then link the file writer

In any case, hereโ€™s a pipeline that will stream the content as document then convert back to binary for file writer

Hope this helpsโ€ฆ

~EmEm