Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSON Lines with each entity in individual line - Json formatter

mithsrini
New Contributor II

Hello,

My pipelines are in two stages.

Pipeline 1 . File pipeline I’m loading 5 records of Json data to a s3 file with ‘Json Lines’ attribute checked.
Pipeline 2 . Using the s3 file created in Pipeline 1 in a REST POST, to call an API by passing it as a Query parameter. But only first Json line is taken for processing. All the other lines are ignored that is my issue.

My input file expected to be of RAW format

*[*
*{"uri":"entities/aaa","type":"configuration/entityTypes/HCP","attributes":{"Name":[{"value":"NAME_DDD"}],"FirstName":[{"value":"FIRST_GGG"}],"LastName":[{"value":"LAST_GGG"}],"MiddleName":[{"value":"VAN"}],"Employment":[{"value":{"Title":[{"value":"TITLE_GGG"},{"value":"TITLE_GGG"}],"Summary":[{"value":"SUMMARY_GGG"}]}}],"Address":[{"value":{"City":[{"value":"CITY_GGG"}]}}],"Identifiers":[{"value":{"Type":[{"value":"TYPE2"}],"ID":[{"value":"ID1"}]}}]},"crosswalks":[{"value":"CROSSWALK_aaa","sourceTable":"SOURCE_TABLE_GGG","type":"configuration/sources/LNKD"}]},*
*{"uri":"entities/bbb","type":"configuration/entityTypes/HCP","attributes":{"Name":[{"value":"NAME_HHH"}],"FirstName":[{"value":"FIRST_HHH"}],"LastName":[{"value":"LAST_HHH"}],"MiddleName":[{"value":"VAN"}],"Employment":[{"value":{"Title":[{"value":"TITLE_HHH"},{"value":"TITLE_HHH"}],"Summary":[{"value":"SUMMARY_HHH"}]}}],"Address":[{"value":{"City":[{"value":"CITY_HHH"}]}}],"Identifiers":[{"value":{"Type":[{"value":"TYPE2"}],"ID":[{"value":"ID1"}]}}]},"crosswalks":[{"value":"CROSSWALK_bbb","sourceTable":"SOURCE_TABLE_HHH","type":"configuration/sources/LNKD"}]}*
*]*
*```*

Here there is a newline got added after each entity. How to bring Raw format of a valid json with newline values?

Thanks,
Mithila JT
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rajendraj
New Contributor II

Hi,

Based on the information you have provided, have you tried reading the contents of the file and doing a JSON splitter on the records and calling the API ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mithsrini
New Contributor II

Any suggestions to this will be appreciated. Thanks.

rajendraj
New Contributor II

Hi,

Based on the information you have provided, have you tried reading the contents of the file and doing a JSON splitter on the records and calling the API ?

mithsrini
New Contributor II

Hi Rajendraj,

Thank you for checking. Yes I used JSON lines and Binary to Document to add comma to the JSON lines to call the API. Its working.

Regards,
Mithila JT