cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New element in mapper

ryagnik
New Contributor

I have a pipeline in which I am reading a file and parse it with CSV parser.

Name|Age|Gender
David| 18| M
Julie|20|F

I am able to parse the file but at the end of each record, I would like to append a file name in which record comes.

So reading a file using file reader and copying a file name on copy snap to merge with join but somehow I only see a file name on first record.

I am trying a merge join but it merges output at first record, how do I merge file name on to mapped element ?

So expecting output something like this -

Name Age Gender Filename
David 18 M names.csv
Julie 20 F names.csv

Thanksโ€ฆ

5 REPLIES 5

ryagnik
New Contributor

Any one had done something like this ? help much appreciated here

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

If the file name is the same throughout, you can just add a row in Mapper with the details, such as
06%20AM

Diane Miller
Community Manager

tstack
Former Employee

I donโ€™t think thereโ€™s a way to configure the CSV Parser to include the binary header from the input file (which would contain the file name) in the output documents. Instead, youโ€™ll need to move the file read and parse into a child pipeline that can be called from PipelineExecute. The file name can then be passed as a pipeline parameter that can be referenced in any snap in the child.

Hereโ€™s a pair of pipelines to demonstrate:

FileParserParent_2018_09_07.slp (5.4 KB)
FileParserChild_2018_09_07.slp (5.4 KB)

The parent has a DirectoryBrowser that you should point at the directory youโ€™re traversing. The child reads the file, parses it, and has a mapper to add the $Filename. Right now, the output of the child is sent out of the PipeExec output view in the parent. You might want to send it somewhere else in the child. If you want to process the files in parallel, you can change the โ€œPool Sizeโ€ property in the PipeExec to allow more than one child to run at a time.

ryagnik
New Contributor

Thanks I was able to get done with child pipeline here.

I am wondering why parser looses the header such as $[โ€œcontent-locationโ€]

If we can have a flag on parser to preserve those headers, we would be able to accomplish all in one pipeline ?