cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Passing document from parent pipeline to child pipeline

Nagaraju_Julaka
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to pass the document from parent pipeline to child pipeline, in child pipeline it has only one snap(Mapper Snap).

Document which will be passing from parent pipeline should go as a input to mapper snap in child pipeline and provide the mapper output to parent pipeline back which will be using in parent pipeline for further processing of data.

Can someone help on the above requirement.

12 REPLIES 12

Supratim
Contributor III

@Nagaraju.Julakanti Pipeline execute will take care. You have to use mapper before Pipeline Execute in parent pipeline and in your child pipeline can use mapper/ other snap and use $filedname in expression text box to get the value from parent pipeline.

Nagaraju_Julaka
New Contributor II

Itโ€™s working thanks.

ForbinCSD
Contributor

Wait a second. @Nagaraju.Julakanti, can you please post images of what youโ€™re doing?

To have a child pipeline containing nothing but a single mapper snap generally makes no sense to do, unless you have a special reason to force the mapping to run on a different node or snaplex โ€“ a scenario that I cannot imagine being useful.

If itโ€™s a single snap, why not just put the single snap inline in the parent pipeline where the interface to the child snap currently is?

What am I missing here?

skatpally
Former Employee

One Scenario could be - If your mapper has Heavy Transformations then you can move it to child pipeline and have pool size set to greater than 1 to improve the performance.

Thanks.
-Su.