cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Passing error reason to error pipeline

nishant_k9
New Contributor II

I have designed an error pipeline which accepts few pipeline parameters like ruuid, label, error etc. I have configured this error pipe line in all other pipelines in my project to make call to this pipeline in case of error. I am not able to find any way to directly pass error reason, resolutions etc as parameterโ€ฆ Is there any expression that can be used to achieve thisโ€ฆ?
Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 2.58.17 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@nishant.k9

If you capture the error message that is delivered to error pipeline using File Writer or Record Replay Snap, you will notice that the error message structure contains the fields like error, reason, resolution, stacktrace etc.

You donโ€™t have to pass the error, reason, resolution as a error pipeline parameters.
In the error pipeline, in separate Mapper Snap you can map those fields(error, reason, resolution):

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@nishant.k9

In case of error, every error message generated in SnapLogic will have following fields always:

• error
  • reason
  • resolution

So in the error pipeline, you just have to map the those fields from the incoming error message:

$reason
$resolution
$error

BR
Spiro Taleski

@Spiro_Taleski
Thank you for the response but the doubt is about what expression should we pass to error pipeline so that it get captured. Like for ruuid we pass pipe.ruuid, for label we pass pipe.label. Similarly for error what expression is to be passedโ€ฆ? Please check the screen shot I have attached just now

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@nishant.k9

If you capture the error message that is delivered to error pipeline using File Writer or Record Replay Snap, you will notice that the error message structure contains the fields like error, reason, resolution, stacktrace etc.

You donโ€™t have to pass the error, reason, resolution as a error pipeline parameters.
In the error pipeline, in separate Mapper Snap you can map those fields(error, reason, resolution):

@Spiro_Taleski
Thank youโ€ฆ It worked like charmโ€ฆ! you saved my day.
Can you also tell me, from where we can get this list of error variables, like you listed 3 of them??
I am not able to see the previews in parent pipeline.