cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing values containing < > in XML generator with "Escape special characters" turned ON

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I’ve some fields containing < > (html tags) that needs to go into XML generator and provide desired output however the fields come in as a raw string and doesn’t do it’s work as “Escape special characters” in XML generator has been turned ON. If this option is turned off, the pipeline doesn’t even run.

Any workaround on how to ingest <> in XML generator with the pipeline running as well?
Thanks!

Best Regards,
DT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Values inside tags like < >, etc can not be ingested into XML Generator without any customization. By default, those values will be converted to snapLogic’s predefined symbols which can be found in the below 2 links:
Link 1
Link 2

I went with a different route for my development so the concern I was having has been resolved. Instead of passing those values inside < > (native html tags) inside an XML generator, I defined the html format in mapper/file writer itself so the format took care of the required output. Remember, the file name should be .html (if the use case is to generate html files; the format could be different as per the use case) to see these changes happening.

The suggestions/solution given above on this thread may work, I haven’t tried it and there is another thread discussing the same: Similar Thread_1

Signing off from this thread!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

alchemiz
Contributor III

@alchemiz: This should work for generating html files as well, right?

While I appended some tags as seen in the snap below, I wanted them to function like native html tags however it is just printing them:

As per my understanding, a href =" "> should have been hyperlinked to ClickMe and
should have brought the remaining text to the next line. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Regards,
DT

Hey @darshthakkar,

The logic for dynamically creating URLs can be done in a mapper just before the XML Generator, and in the generator you can simply access that incoming field within the “a” tag, like this:

<a href="$URL">Click me</a>

Try this and let me know if it works for you.