cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pipeline monitoring to API Access Only user

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

I am trying to access pipeline monitoring information using the SnapLogic public API. I am currently using the /api/1/rest/public/runtime/ endpoint. When I use my own user access the endpoint, I get back all information for our organizationโ€™s running and completed pipelines. When I use a new user with API Access Only, I get no results back from the pipeline monitoring endpoint. I have also made sure that the new user is in the same group as my personal user. It still doesnโ€™t work. Am I missing something to setting up a user for API Access Only?

8 REPLIES 8

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

Does the API Access user have access to all the projects that you do?

Diane Miller
Community Manager

@dmiller Yes. We are both members of a group called โ€œdevelopersโ€. We control access to our project spaces using this group.

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

I finally got a response back from SnapLogic support and, in my opinion, it isnโ€™t ideal. In order for an API Only user to view executions of all pipelines via the Public API, that user must be an organization administrator. Giving the API Only user access to individual project spaces or directories doesnโ€™t do anything.

Another fun tidbit, there is no way to view who is an organization administrator in the UI. Apparently, it can be done using the public API, but, in my experience, it didnโ€™t return who was or wasnโ€™t an org admin. Must be something only SnapLogic admins have access to.

@dmiller if this is incorrect in any way, please let me know, but this is my understanding.

Iโ€™m double checking with Engineering and Product Management on the first point.

And true, only org admins can see who are in the admin group within the UI. Would you want to see who were admins?

Diane Miller
Community Manager