cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Query in the Sequence Snap

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi Good day,

I have developed a simple snap which takes the difference between the start date and end date from the source . If the difference is 0 then the output prints either start or end date due to same value . On the other hand if the difference is greater than 1 , the missing date is inserted . For eg. say from the source we are getting the start date as 22/06/2020 and end date as 24/06/2020 , I need to output as 22/06/2020 , 23/06/2020 and 24/06/2020 . To perform this task I used a sequence snap and I passed the parameter as Total_days ( which is the difference between start and end date ) in the number of documents but I get the values incremented each time depending on the number of records . I have attached the screenshot for the reference.

image -Sequence Snap
image - To insert the dates
image - Obtained output

Else kindly propose any other new method to make the above task get it done .

3 REPLIES 3

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

Hello @Harsha3,

If an input dataset is provided to the Snap. In such cases, the number of documents in the output is equal to the number of documents in the input. And, I think that was the reason why you received values incremented depending on the number of input documents.

I assume that you can achieve the desired output by moving the sequence snap in the child pipeline and passing โ€œtotal_Daysโ€ as a pipeline parameter to the child pipeline.

Then, you can use the parameter in sequence snap(Number of documents field) in the child pipeline.

Also, I am attaching two sample pipelines(parent and child), hoping that will helps you for completing the task.

Pipe1_2020_06_22.slp (4.1 KB) โ†’ Parent pipeline
Pipe2_2020_06_22.slp (6.4 KB) โ†’ Child pipeline

Regards,
Spiro Taleski

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Great Taleski for the explanation . It worked

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi Taleski,

Suppose if we have 1000 records or more in the parent pipeline while invoking the sequence snap ( part of a child pipeline) the result at the output is slowly updated . Is there any speedy or optimized method one can follow to increase the process speed