cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Query parameters

Samyuktha
New Contributor

What is the use of capture check box use in query parameters in pipeline?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

Selecting this checkbox will send the value of the parameter to the pipeline runtime history if the pipeline is run through a task or another pipeline with PipeExecute or ForEach.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

Selecting this checkbox will send the value of the parameter to the pipeline runtime history if the pipeline is run through a task or another pipeline with PipeExecute or ForEach.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

SandeepVemula
Contributor

@dmiller, I have one query regarding Pipeline Parameters Capture option. I Have enabled Capture option and it is working fine(When I pass a value while calling Pipeline via Task/another Pipeline it is taking value that I have passed. If I send nothing it is taking value defined there). If I disable the capture option It should Ideally take the value defined there. But When I tried uncheck Capture(Say Default value defined is โ€œXโ€) and sending a Query Parameter to Pipline(Say I have passed โ€œYโ€) Via Task URL/Pipeline Execute it is taking โ€œYโ€ Instead of โ€œXโ€. Is this a Bug or it is the expected Behaviour?

Sandeep, if I am understanding correctly, the best way to think about it is default values are default values independent of โ€œcaptureโ€. If there is a default value, it will pick up if nothing is passed.

For capture, if you enable โ€œcaptureโ€ then you can track and view those values for a given execution. Those options should be considered independent from each other.