The purpose is to create a logging pipeline that stores the info of executing pipeline in a file format.
Logging pipeline shall receive the following as inputs
- Executing master pipeline name (required)
- Executing master pipeline Id (required )
- Execution Id (required )
- Log Type (optional)
- Log Category (optional)
- Log Message (optional)
Logging pipeline shall log messages to a file
In my opinion the easiest way to achieve this is to have “Logging pipeline” and with “Pipeline execute” snap to pass the following parameters:
- pipe.label (Executing master pipeline name)
- pipe.instanceId (Executing master pipeline Id)
- pipe.ruuid (Execution Id)
Settings for pipeline execute snap:
If you need to customize optional message some how, simply add mapper before pipeline execute.
If you need more information about “Pipeline Functions and Properties”, please check SnapLogic documentation: