cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Salesforce Account Documentation

Garrett
New Contributor II

Is there complete documentation anywhere for setting up connectivity to Salesforce whether an account a Connected app or otherwise?

It seems that the existing documentation assumes you know certain things about Salesforce Accounts. Like the difference between Account, Dynamic Account and Oauth2. It would be great if there were pointers to Salesforce documentation and the connection between the โ€œAccount Detailsโ€ and what is needed in the Snap.

A video where it actually shows you setting it up would be great. The videos seem to all start after youโ€™ve set up the account.

3 REPLIES 3

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

I have forwarded this feedback to our Documentation team and Iโ€™ll see if we have any videos or other information.

In the mean time, is there anything specifically you need clarification on?

Diane Miller
Community Manager

Garrett
New Contributor II

Well I need the full process on how to setup the Dynamic Account.

What do I need to do in Salesforce and then what values I set in the Snap. I need the map of where I get that access token.

I tried based on what fields were available in the Snap.

image001.jpg

The instructions are not clear:

ยท A Salesforce Dynamic Account with values supplied by pipeline parameters. You must use pipeline parameters since accounts get initialized before Snaps.

First, send a out-of-band POST to โ€œhttps://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/tokenโ€ such as:
grant_type=password&client_id=<client_id>&client_secret=<client_secret>&username=%40&password=

What is client_id, what is client_secret?

Thanks,

marenas
New Contributor III

Hi,

I do have the same use case. We have a Salesforce sandbox and our Salesforce Administrator grants me admin access to create the Connected App in Salesforce. I used this resource from SnapLogic documentation and has been really helpful.

https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/2387116096/Application+Configuration+in+Sa...