cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce Batch Create question. Creating Junction Records?

Dave
New Contributor

I’ve been experimenting using the SFDC Batch Create snap to create a record and associated child records in a single transaction, and that works fine, as advertised.

What I can’t figure out how to to is to do the following: Insert a record in each of two (unrelated) SObjects and create a Junction record in a third SObject, that connects them both, all in a single call. And fair enough, the Snap Pack documentation doesn’t suggest I should be able to do that.

But I know that under the hood this Snap is using the SFDC REST API composite Resource, and I know it supports this kind of thing. Example Here

I tried various ways to do something similar in my JSON source for the Snap, but no matter what I try it just bombs out with an error.

Should I be able to do this? Just curious.

4 REPLIES 4

NAl
Contributor

Hi Dave,

Did you ever find this out?

I’m just embarking on this journey right now and it’s imperative that our integration is able to do this. SnapLogic documentation seems to be very limited about this subject matter.

Dave
New Contributor

Hi Norah, nobody responded to my question, sadly. And partly due to a lack of confidence, we ended up not using Snap and developed our own code.

NAl
Contributor

Thank you for responding Dave.

That’s a shame. Hope SnapLogic will turn up something!

prakarshjain510
New Contributor II

Hi Dave,

I can see that you have mentioned you were able to a record and associated child records in a single transaction.

I am also trying to do the same thing but not able to do it.

If you can please share the snap you have created for the above functionality, it would be really helpful.

Thanks!