cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce Read Snap and impact of Number of Retries setting when results are batched

PSAmmirata
Employee
Employee

We’re using a Salesforce Read Snap and it is configured to use the REST API with a Batch Size of 2000.

The total results set size is 50,000 records. The Snap returned 38,000 rows and then failed with the following message.

Salesforce Read[57d62c6f0501864d77ecb7fb_a262e86e-a467-46ed-8c14-f9ec52e0a500 – 24c365ff-2f59-443a-8880-549e3cd06bda]
com.snaplogic.snap.api.SnapDataException: Cannot get input stream from next records URL: https://abc.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v34.0/query/04f8394023XlE0bCCK-63742
at com.snaplogic.snaps.salesforce.SFReadCommon.handleException(SFReadCommon.java:542)
at com.snaplogic.snaps.salesforce.SFReadCommon.process(SFReadCommon.java:516)

I’m trying to determine whether this is the result of a Salesforce failure or a network failure. I think it’s a Salesforce failure but am not sure. Has anyone had this experience and know?

Also, the documentation states that the ‘Number of Retries’ setting is used when there are network failures. Does this also apply to network failures when retrieving Result batches when using the REST API? And does this mean that if there is a failure on the Salesforce side that SnapLogic does not retry at all?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

PSAmmirata
Employee
Employee

The nextRecordsURL that’s used to request the next batch of records (in the Salesforce REST API) appears to expire after 15 minutes of inactivity. The Snaps downstream from the Salesforce Read Snap were consuming the records too slowly and this caused the nextRecordsURL to expire; resulting in the error we received. So this was not a Salesforce or network failure.