cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SalesForce - REST API with OAUTH2 Token Auto Refresh Issue

lzapart
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is anyone using REST Get snap with Salesforce instance using OAUTH2 account? I am having trouble with keeping my Account tokens up to date. I am able to connect and receive an Access Token and a Refresh Token on my account using the Account “Refresh” button. But SF does not provide me back a “Access token expiration” time. Apparently per SnapLogic support, I cannot enable “auto refresh token” on the account so the token can refresh without an expiration date on the token. I have to manually every hour open my account settings in Snaplogic account and hit “Refresh” to receive a new refresh and access tokens. If not, my snap step returns error “Session expired or invalid”,“errorCode”:“INVALID_SESSION_ID” in all of my pipelines. It’s very frustrating and redundant having to do this multiple times a day.

Is there a way to pass thru a expiration token time to the account? Or is there a way I can force a token refresh each time my pipeline runs without my input?

My use case is, SF snaps do not give us ability to access rich functionality such as getdeleted() or getupdated() on SF objects. These logs contain hard deleted items per object (when the object is replicated in SF) and we use these logs to keep the data in synch in our DB without having to re-download hundreds of millions of records per object every hour which is not possible. This log data is not accessible through SOQL as far as I can see and they are not in the recycle bin (hence hard deleted) so standard snaps don’t work for this.

Example of REST Get service url for hard deleted item logs:
https://instance#.salesforce.com/services/data/v39.0/sobjects/AccountTeamMember/deleted/?start=2017-...

SF documentation: Developer SF REST API - GetDeleted()

Another way of getting these results from what I have read is to use REST API QueryAll() functionality in SF. But it uses same Account configuration.

Any help of feedback is much appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

nganapathiraju
Former Employee

Can you file a ticket with Support please? We can definitely take a look.

nganapathiraju
Former Employee

can you see if you still have this issue?

Hi,

Yes, the issue still exists for me. I already talked with support but did not get any solution to this issue and I was wondering if anyone else has issues using the “auto refresh” Salesforce token for a OAUTH2 account in SnapLogic. Support tells me I cannot auto refresh an account token without a token expiration date on the account so I’m stuck.

lprais
New Contributor

Hi Izapart,

I came to the same requirement where i need to get access_token and refresh_token from Salesforce using the OAuth 2. I am able to get access_token value and access_token_expiration shows as -1, which i am assuming that access_token never expires. But i am not able to get the refresh_token.
How you had configured the Salesforce account in order to get the refresh_token in your case.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks