cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Script Snap user interface challenges

rpatrick00
Contributor

In using the Script snap to invoke a script for transformation, I find the UI behavior relating to the Script file input box and Edit script button. Let me describe what I did and what I find confusing.

I started out testing a script that I entered using the Edit Script button. At some point, I opted to use an IDE to edit the script so I uploaded the script file to my project and used the Script file input box to specify the file name. If I click on the Edit Script button now, I see the old version of my script instead of the contents of the uploaded script file. I deleted the contents from the Edit Script window and saved. If I press Edit Script again, it generates the base script template.

It seems like the Script file and Edit Script button are meant to be mutually exclusive. Why doesnโ€™t the UI disable the Edit Script button after I point to a script file?

1 REPLY 1

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

Yes, they are mutually exclusive. I agree that the UI of the snap should make this more explicit by disabling the Edit Script button when a script file has been configured.