cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap for JDBC that runs stored procedure and returns status and results...like SQL execute snap

jcornelius
New Contributor III

I need a snap like the SQL execute snap that returns both the results and the status but is for JDBC stored procedure…does one exist

16 REPLIES 16

mbowen
Employee
Employee

Hi John:

For which database? You can do quite a bit in the SQL Execute snap – SELECT, CREATE, even invoke a stored function (well, at least for Oracle). Oracle has the notion of IN (parameters passed in) and OUT parameters (values returned from the procedure), and you can even define a stored function which returns a value and also a result in an OUT parameter – don’t know that this is a common pattern though.

function f1(x_out OUT varchar2) return number AS
BEGIN 
    x_out := 'OK';
    RETURN 1; 
END f1; 

We do support stored procedures for most of our databases, but to what extent depends on the db.

jcornelius
New Contributor III

we are using JDBC to connect to Pervasive db
the SQL Execute will not connect

nickshore
New Contributor II

Hi,

Just jumping on this thread as we have a requirement to execute an Oracle stored procedure that has a IN/OUT parameter set which I know isn’t support via the Stored Procedure snap. Are you saying this should be achievable through the Oracle Execute snap?

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick:

Jumping in on thread is perfectly fine. The Oracle Execute snap can’t invoke stored procedures. Can you tell me more about your requirement and how the Stored Procedure snap can’t handle it ?