cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snaplogic Redshift Copy Command

makeshwar
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

When I read data from a file/csv and do a bulk load, into redshift I know that at the backend it’s trying to copy the data and tries to do the bulk load.

Here…I need to know what was the full set of options the Snaplogic code used for the Redshift Copy command at its backend. Where I can get that details…

Thanks in advance.
Makesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbowen
Employee
Employee

Hi @makeshwar

The COPY sql is written to the Snaplex logs which you can’t see directly. You need to file a support ticket to access them. However, it’s also written to the queries log in Redshift.

If you have access to the Redshift cluster, there is a Queries option in the left nav bar. It will display all the SQL issued by the SnapLogic Bulk snap. For Upsert, you will see a COPY, UPDATE, and then an INSERT.

redshift-cluster-queries

Here is an example query on the Redshift side.

COPY "public"."swat30322_update_temp_table_f96515a3_4ecb_4d70_a3b9_d5468fcbcb07" ("id", "name", "price")
    FROM 's3://swat-3032/datalake/raw/Redshift_load_temp/ccb70565-fb2c-4282-9946-39a8dd61fcaf.csv.gz' 
    CREDENTIALS '' DELIMITER '' 
    ESCAPE ACCEPTANYDATE ACCEPTINVCHARS MAXERROR 100 GZIP TRUNCATECOLUMNS
    EMPTYASNULL BLANKSASNULL 
    DATEFORMAT AS 'auto' TIMEFORMAT AS 'auto'

The CREDENTIALS clause is scrubbed, as is the DELIMITER (ex: ‘\u0001’). If you’re
using IAM roles, you’ll see them listed here (ex: aws_iam_role=…).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mbowen
Employee
Employee

Hi @makeshwar

The COPY sql is written to the Snaplex logs which you can’t see directly. You need to file a support ticket to access them. However, it’s also written to the queries log in Redshift.

If you have access to the Redshift cluster, there is a Queries option in the left nav bar. It will display all the SQL issued by the SnapLogic Bulk snap. For Upsert, you will see a COPY, UPDATE, and then an INSERT.

redshift-cluster-queries

Here is an example query on the Redshift side.

COPY "public"."swat30322_update_temp_table_f96515a3_4ecb_4d70_a3b9_d5468fcbcb07" ("id", "name", "price")
    FROM 's3://swat-3032/datalake/raw/Redshift_load_temp/ccb70565-fb2c-4282-9946-39a8dd61fcaf.csv.gz' 
    CREDENTIALS '' DELIMITER '' 
    ESCAPE ACCEPTANYDATE ACCEPTINVCHARS MAXERROR 100 GZIP TRUNCATECOLUMNS
    EMPTYASNULL BLANKSASNULL 
    DATEFORMAT AS 'auto' TIMEFORMAT AS 'auto'

The CREDENTIALS clause is scrubbed, as is the DELIMITER (ex: ‘\u0001’). If you’re
using IAM roles, you’ll see them listed here (ex: aws_iam_role=…).

makeshwar
New Contributor II

Thanks @mbowen This helps… !!