cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snaps after a pipeline execute are not running

ryanlacjak
New Contributor

Could someone please comment on why snaps after my pipeline execute will not run. There is not a failure. The pipeline execution completes successfully but the next snap does nothing. Also, after Validation there is no preview.

7 REPLIES 7

koryknick
Employee
Employee

If the Call HP REST child has an open output port, make sure it is returning data.

If the child has an error handler, then an error may be passing your output there instead of returning to the calling pipeline.

Also, during validation, all snaps in the child should be set have Snap Execution to โ€œValidate & Executeโ€ or you could likely end up not returning data from the child (same as my first point).

ryanlacjak
New Contributor

Thank you. I have verified again that Validate & Execute is set. The pipeline execute is ultimately writing an S3 file. Like the first โ€˜childโ€™ pipeline, there is no open output port/view. The first child runs, the second runs. I confirm the file exists. The second pipeline execute is below. I can not help but think there is some box that is not checked correclty.

j_angelevski
Contributor III

Hi @ryanlacjak,
To me this looks like an issue with the โ€œSnap Executionโ€ option. Maybe you have some snap that is set to โ€œExecuteโ€ inside the child pipeline ? I tried the same thing like this.

Here the child pipeline is the same as yours ( without open output views ).
And I specifically set the first snap โ€œBinary Routerโ€ to โ€œExecuteโ€, and as you can see the pipeline execute stops the flow because of that setting. If I set the first snap to โ€œValidate & Executeโ€, it produces an output.

Another reason could be the Router snap. If both outputs of the Router snap donโ€™t return any result then the Pipeline Execute snap wonโ€™t produce any result even if every snap is set to โ€œValidate & Executeโ€. Hereโ€™s an example.
The flow is stopped even though every snap is set to โ€œValidate & Executeโ€, but if we look closely inside the child pipeline in the binary router snap, both expressions are set to false.
So make sure your expressions in the router are correct.

ryanlacjak
New Contributor

Thank you for the input. I will keep the Router on my debug list. I have it set to Status == 200 or != 200. One of them should evaluate to true. In this case the file is created. That should mean the router got a true and should return to the parent. Do you know why this would not show an output when executed?