cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snaps execution in sequentially

pjanapati
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have taken copy after the generator snap and then in one path I am doing updating the data in Salesforce and in second path I am sending the data to the database and an email.

In this scenario, the data flows one by one in both two paths or first the total data will go in first path and then it will go to the another path.

Please give me a solution for thisโ€ฆ

4 REPLIES 4

AleksandarAngel
Contributor III

Hi @pjanapati and welcome to the SnapLogic Community! ๐Ÿ™‚

If the snaps that you are using does not support Pass Through, then you can add Copy Snap and a Gate Snap after the Salesforce Snap.

That way the Gate Snap will wait until it collects all of the documents, in this case until Salesforce Snap completes.

Afterwards just split the documents coming directly from the Copy Snap.

Skeleton Flow:

Sample Pipeline:
SL-Comm-Sequentially_2023_02_28.slp (8.8 KB)

Also, you can achieve the same with many different approaches like: pipeline nesting and pipeline execute, copy and join snap etc.

Let me know if this helps you.

BR,
Aleksandar.

Hi Aleksandar, 

Can you provide some more information on the other approaches you mentioned to ensure the pipeline runs sequentially? I am looking to call some other pipelines from a single pipeline and want to make sure that everything downstream waits until the Pipeline Execute snap finishes completely. Thanks. 

Hello @kindminis ,

Another approach would be to use sub pipelines and call them in sequence using Pipeline Execute Snap.

I believe I tried using pipeline execute snaps but it tries to call a snap that is downstream before finishing the current execution. Do you have an example I can use? Thanks!