cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL server snap - Unexpected Re-throwing connection error

tharunm
New Contributor II

Hi Community,

I was trying to access SQL server via snaplogic but I wasn’t successful as I was facing an issue with the connection. Below are the two error messages when I tried with different plexes.

Error while validating with groundplex
Failed to validate account: Failed to retrieve a database connection. Cause: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: “Unexpected rethrowing”. (Reason: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: “Unexpected rethrowing”.; Resolution: Address the reported issue.)

Error while validating with cloudplex:
Failed to validate account: Failed to retrieve a database connection. Cause: The TCP/IP connection to the host ***********************, port 1433 has failed. Error: “null. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.”. (Reason: The TCP/IP connection to the host ****************************, port 1433 has failed. Error: “null. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.”.; Resolution: Address the reported issue.)

JDBC drives that I used:

1. mssql-jdbc-9.4.0.jre8
  2. mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre8
  3. mssql-jdbc-10.2.0.jre8.jar
  4. mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre11.jar*

Details:

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me on this.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

tharunm
New Contributor II

Hello Community,

Anyone faced similar issue as I before? Could you share what steps are to be followed to get this resolved this issue.

Thank you.

What is the version of SQL Server that you are connecting to?

Hi @tharunm

You had posted a previous message in community with less information. This connection error is being returned from the SQL server driver. “null” is suspect here, and suggests something isn’t defined or can’t be reached.

It may be a firewall issue. I assume you’ve verified the credentials. Can you verify that you are indeed able to connect to this host and port.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/1300d370-3736-431b-8912-a0152779453c/unable...

tharunm
New Contributor II

Hi @mbowen and @siwadon,

The current issue I encounter is, I am able to connect the SQL server outside snaplogic but not with snaplogic.

There were two errors, one while using groundplex(which is preferred) and an other using cloudplex.

Also, there are other SQL servers accounts which I’ve created in the past and still working on with them. So, for this account alone I see ‘Unexpected rethrowing’ error.

I really appreciate your responses. Thank you.