cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teradata Snap Pack on a Windows Node?

brettdorsey
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

We are attempting to use the Teradata TPT snap from the Teradata snap pack and are running into a road block in giving the snap the location of tbuild.exe in the “TBUILD location” field. I can’t get it to find the file no matter what combination of slashes and folder paths I can think of.

"C:\folder"
“C:/folder/”
“C://folder//”
etc…

Has anybody else gotten this to work? The documentation doesn’t specify the format and support just says they haven’t thoroughly tested it on windows yet.

Thanks in advance,
Brett

1 REPLY 1

stephenknilans
Contributor

Well, it HAS been a while since I have used TPT, and I have never used it on snaplogic, but I can make two observations that might help you out…

1. You almost certainly require a windows based snaplex with tbuild on IT. The location of tbuild would have to be there.
  2. On various systems, like UNIX, C related, and some others, \ is used as an escape character. If you want it to work on one level as '', you have to use \. Windows, of course, is not unix, and generally uses \ as a path separator, but some languages may still cause problems, requiring you to use \ To make things worse, if a process passes the string onto ANOTHER process, the conversion must be done THERE also sometimes, so \ must be \\ sometimes.