cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trim last lines in csv file

Dhivya_Aroma1
New Contributor III

Team,

I have a log file in csv format. But the log file contains status information in first 5 lines and last 3 lines.

I can skip the first 5 lines using Skip lines* property in csv parser. But I could not remove the last 3 lines.

And I am getting error in csv parser because of this.

My Sample log file:

2020-02-04 21:49:01 STATUS: Task started
2020-02-04 21:49:01 STATUS: Connection established
2020-02-04 21:49:13 STATUS: Executing recordsโ€ฆ
START RECORD BLOCK
โ€œColumn1โ€,โ€œColumn2โ€,โ€œColumn3โ€,โ€œColumn4โ€,โ€œColumn5โ€
Value1,Value2,Value3,Value4,Value5
Value10,Value20,Value30,Value40,Value50
Value100,Value200,Value300,Value400,Value500

END RECORD BLOCK

• Task completed successfully
    ============================================================================
    Can you help me here to parse my csv file.

Thanks,
Dhivya.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dimitri_hristov
Contributor

Hi,

I tried to recreate the error by parsing the data from the original post, and yes, the CSV Parser threw an error. Still, the desired data from the .csv file were present on the output of the CSV Parser Snap, correctly transformed into JSON format. I too skipped the first 5 lines by using the โ€œSkip linesโ€ property in the CSV Parser.
However, by selecting the โ€œdiscard error data and continueโ€ option in the drop-down for the Error View in the CSV Parser, the problem disappeared altogether. No error, and the CSV data was correctly parsed.

BR,
Dimitri

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Dhivya_Aroma1
New Contributor III

I need to remove this part which is at the bottom of the log file.

**END RECORD BLOCK**
- Task completed successfully

Hi were you able to find a solution for this?

dimitri_hristov
Contributor

Hi,

I tried to recreate the error by parsing the data from the original post, and yes, the CSV Parser threw an error. Still, the desired data from the .csv file were present on the output of the CSV Parser Snap, correctly transformed into JSON format. I too skipped the first 5 lines by using the โ€œSkip linesโ€ property in the CSV Parser.
However, by selecting the โ€œdiscard error data and continueโ€ option in the drop-down for the Error View in the CSV Parser, the problem disappeared altogether. No error, and the CSV data was correctly parsed.

BR,
Dimitri

Dhivya_Aroma1
New Contributor III

Thank you Dimitri. This solution, i.e., selecting the "discard error data and continueโ€ option in the drop-down for the Error View, helped.

Regards,
Dhivya.