cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SAP EXECUTE snap returning blank output

minalbakore
New Contributor

Hello

I am new to SnapLogic and trying to develop a pipeline that reads data from SAP BW with a BAPI call and loads into a database. Currently I am facing issues as SAP BW EXECUTE snap is not returning anything in output.

minalbakore_0-1712917604963.png

This is the snap configuration.

With Mapper snap I am passing the input structure to the SAP EXECUTE snap. This is the input to the EXECUTE snap -

[{
"I_S_VAR_01L_CURRENCY_001":{
"LOW": "CHF",
"OPTION":"EQ",
"SIGN":"I"
}
}
]

Please suggest what could be wrong here.

Thanks

Minal

8 REPLIES 8

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@minalbakore 

Looking at the BAPI, I assume it is a custom BAPI/function developed. 

Have you tried to test the BAPI within SAP, by passing the same input parameters and check if the BAPI returns something? 

Yes, the same function is used in another application where its working fine. We are now trying to replicate the same on Snaplogic. We are also using the same credentials that are used in other application to access SAP BW system. Is there anything wrong with the way input parameters are passed from SNaplogic? Is there any other format that should be followed when calling SAP BAPI ?

@minalbakore 

It could be the input parameters, or it could be that there is no data for the given input parameters. 

In terms of input parameters. If you connect the upstream Mapper Snap to SAP Execute and validate, you will be able to see the input schema/parameters that SAP Execute(BAPI) snap is requiring. 

From there you will be able to properly construct the schema. 

JensDeveloper
Contributor II

Hi @minalbakore ,

What SpiroTaleski suggested could be the solution. when I work with SAP snaps I also use the validation to see what they expect  from input schema/parameters.

What I happen to use also in some use cases is to enable the check box 'Commit after BAPI execute' , so we end the statefull session and commit.

JensDeveloper_0-1713180097738.png

JensDeveloper_1-1713180142321.png