cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Array Rename

Majid
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I am trying to achieve below. I would need directions on how to achieve below in a mapper or any other way.

Source :
{
โ€œUBER_IDโ€:[
โ€œ1โ€,
โ€œInteger_patternโ€
],
โ€œFirst_nameโ€:[
โ€œMajidโ€,
โ€œTextOnly_patternโ€
],
โ€œLast_nameโ€:[
โ€œโ€,
โ€œTextOnly_patternโ€
]
}

Target :

I would like to rename the above fields based on the value in the array. Below is the output I am looking at.

{
โ€œInteger_patternโ€:[
โ€œ1โ€,
],
โ€œTextOnly_patternโ€:[
โ€œMajidโ€,
],
" TextOnly_pattern":[
โ€œโ€,
]
}

10 REPLIES 10

del
Contributor III

@Majid,

Attached is a sample pipeline with a couple of options using the Pivot Snap to produce results similar to what your sample pipeline appears to be attempting. Both options use the same logic - the second just brings the grouping back together if desired.

It may not be your target solution, and my expressions could need a little work, but I hope it helps some with the direction you want to go.

Community.10510_2021_08_05.slp (30.4 KB)

Majid
New Contributor III

Thank You @del โ€ฆ This works but in my case the number and name of fields will be different from one file to other as I am creating a generic pipeline. Is there anyway to make the Pivot snap number of fields and field names dynamic.

I am also not sure about performance as this method is going to divide each record into x records based on the number of fields.

I appreciate you looking into the use case and providing directions.

del
Contributor III

@Majid,

Here is a version 2 of the pipeline that uses a Mapper and Splitter (instead of Pivot snap) for a dynamic pivot of the data. Community.10510_2021_08_05 (v2).slp (32.8 KB)

Iโ€™m not sure about performance, either, but I donโ€™t know how you use your validator snap as-is without splitting/pivoting the data - because of the duplicate key issues.

As this is to be a generic pipeline, I think you might be better off using an Expression Library
in place of (or in conjunction with) your Validator. I think you could avoid the pivot, then.

Majid
New Contributor III

@del Thank you so muchโ€ฆ this is what I was exactly looking for. I will verify the performance and update youโ€ฆ

Can you provide example if possible about the way it can be done with expression library. As data validator does not allow any expression library or parameters used I am not sure how this can be achieved in a mapper using expression library.

del
Contributor III

@Majid Iโ€™m glad the above helped.

I think I may be derailing too much by suggesting the expression library. It was a creative thought, but would require readjusting downstream logic to reach desired end result.

But, for an exercise, I put this together to show where my thought was leaning.
It basically changes your source:

{
		"UBER_ID": [
			"1",
			"Integer_pattern"
		],
		"First_name": [
			"Majid",
			"TextOnly_pattern"
		],
		"Last_name": [
			"",
			"TextOnly_pattern"
		]
	}

to this:

{
		"UBER_ID": [
			"1",
			"Integer_pattern",
			"valid"
		],
		"First_name": [
			"Majid",
			"TextOnly_pattern",
			"valid"
		],
		"Last_name": [
			"",
			"TextOnly_pattern",
			"invalid"
		]
	}

But youโ€™d still have to handle this creatively in downstream snaps to get your desired results.

Community.10510.v3_2021_08_06.slp (4.9 KB)
community10510v3.expr.txt (376 Bytes)