cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converting Varchar data into Datetime

Matt
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

Iโ€™ve been trying to convert data Iโ€™m receiving from a varchar (20171211 125023) into a datetime (2017-12-11 12:50:23). Iโ€™ve been messing with the mapper but I feel like Iโ€™m at a road block now. I was wondering if someone in the community has any success in this.

13 REPLIES 13

Matt
New Contributor

When I insert my schema this is what I get.

Could not compile expression: Date.parse($MODDATE,โ€œyyyyMMdd โ€ฆ (Reason: Invalid token: โ€˜โ€œโ€™ for expression: Date.parse($MODDATE,โ€œyyyyMMdd โ€ฆ; Resolution: Please check expression syntax)

pavan44
New Contributor III

Can you give me the complete expression you are providing and the error as well.

Matt
New Contributor

Of course,

expression:
Date.parse($MODDATE,โ€œyyyyMMdd hhmmssโ€).toLocaleDateTimeString({โ€œformatโ€:โ€œyyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ssโ€})

Validation errors:
property_map.settings.transformations.value.mappingTable.value[2].expression.value: Could not compile expression: Date.parse($MODDATE,โ€œyyyyMMdd โ€ฆ (Reason: Invalid token: โ€˜โ€œโ€™ for expression: Date.parse($MODDATE,โ€œyyyyMMdd โ€ฆ; Resolution: Please check expression syntax)

pavan44
New Contributor III

Matt,

If you copy the expression from here, it will have different quotations (" "). Try to type the entire expression in the mapper instead of copying it from here. It works.

The quote thing messed me up when I was trying to help someone with an expression on a different thread. If you wrap the expression in preformatted text using image, then it wonโ€™t change the quote mark.

For example I think this should copy and paste ok:

Date.parse($MODDATE,"yyyyMMdd hhmmss").toLocaleDateTimeString({"format":"yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss"})