cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Varchar data into Datetime

Matt
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to convert data I’m receiving from a varchar (20171211 125023) into a datetime (2017-12-11 12:50:23). I’ve been messing with the mapper but I feel like I’m at a road block now. I was wondering if someone in the community has any success in this.

13 REPLIES 13

anivtk
New Contributor II

I am calling the snapLogic Activity API and its returning the date in the format as “2020-02-21T17:44:19.996000+00:00

I am trying to store this data into SQL server and SQL server doesn’t accept this data in DateTime data type. I tried to use some simple pare method and it’s still not accepting. Later I used some complex Parse method like below, but its still not working.

Date.parse($create_time,“yyyy-MM-dd’T’HH:mm:ss.SSSSSSX”).toLocaleDateTimeString({“format”:“yyyyMMdd-HHmmss”})

Can someone provide how to parse the data in this format “2020-02-21T17:44:19.996000+00:00” to DateTime which is compatible with SQL server ?

I believe you just need:
Date.parse($create_time).toLocaleDateTimeString({"format":"yyyyMMdd-HHmmss"})

Diane Miller
Community Manager

anivtk
New Contributor II

Awesome, this worked! Thanks for your quick help.

Note: Inorder to insert that into SQL server I have changed the output to a format SQL server supporst. So the parse function I used is Date.parse($create_time).toLocaleDateTimeString({“format”:“yyyy-MM-dd’T’HH:mm:ss.SSSSSS”})

Thanks again!

Ramit
New Contributor

Hi, This thread was very helpful as I was facing the same issue - I have another question, what to do if we want to pass null values in this same format?