cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Pipeline that reads the spreadsheet and return data within

nihil_limbadiya
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am Database Administrator/Developer and i am pretty new to snaplogic and i am self learning it at a moment.I got quick question on how to develop a snaplogic.
Query :- would like to add some javascript to the HTML file (either directly or with a linked script file) that will, on load and every 5 minutes, call a pipeline and update the HTML elements with the returned data. Need to build the pipeline such that it reads the spreadsheet and returns the data within.

If someone can help me at starting point. Any help will be appreciated .

Thanks
Nihil

11 REPLIES 11

nihil_limbadiya
New Contributor II

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the quick reply. its working when we re-upload excel sheet.

I want something like that i dont want to re-upload excel sheet, Say if excel sheet is opened and some make changes and save excel sheet it should directly update data on HTML…

Hope you unserstood what i meant.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks
Regards
Nihil

tlikarish
Employee
Employee

I see, sorry for the misunderstanding. If you’d like it to pick up on the excel sheet changes, then the person editing the sheet and the pipeline will both need access to the file. Is the file located on a shared drive or server that the Plex has access to?

For example, if it’s a Groundplex and the sheet is located on a shared drive, then you could change the File Reader snap to use that location. The File Reader snap can use many different protocols to read and write files, see the documentation to see if any of those options would work for you.

If you’re using a Cloudplex, then you’d either need to make changes locally and upload to a cloud storage or maybe consider using a cloud based spreadsheet service like Google docs or Office live.

Hope that helps give you some ideas on how you can accomplish this next step.

Best,
Tim