cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic DB accounts & Dynamic SQL query

tonyzero
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am very new to SnapLogic. Recently I got a task to design triggered task to connect to Oracle with different account and then extract data with dynamic sqls.

Let me clarify my issues.

Basically the pipeline would be something like this

Read data from Oracle (various accounts) → Transform → Output to target dbs

First, I need to connect to various oracle dbs from various users (of course they will have different accounts) and extract data. I know I should user parameters for my pipeline, but how should I do it?

Second, can I pass a dynamic sql query for each time I connect to different database and select what I need? Where should I use parameter here and how should I pass dynamic parameter values?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

tonyzero
New Contributor II

@robin Another problem occurred to me while working with actual project. You mentioned in the first reply that “do note the account needs to exist already and you have the correct path to the account defined”

So based on what you replied to me, whenever I run into a new account, I need to add this account to my Account References so that it is an “existing account”. Then I could connect it dynamically with parameters.

Can I use the dynamic connection without “pre-setting” a new account? I mean can I create account with “Oracle Thin Dynamic Account” and parameterize Hostname, Database Name, Username and Password? If it is possible, I could call my triggered task and pass all the required info above to both creating account and execute sql at the same time?

Thanks in advance