cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Get current JSON document being inserted

Mark
New Contributor II

I have a pipeline with a oracle insert snap and a error pipeline. Everything works. When something in the pipeline fails I am passing variables to the error pipeline and storing in a table. I want to pass the current JSON document that failed? What variable do I use to get the current JSON document that failed without having to concatenate all the values into a string myself? I want to pass the json document that failed to insert actually? I know its $.something but what?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
New Contributor II

I had to do this JSON.stringify($original), but that worked. Using $original caused insertion problems into a varchar2 or clob because it wasnt the same datatype. But, your recommendation to put it in the mapper snap of the error pipeline worked out great because I only had to change the one error pipeline and not all 20 or so pipelines that call the error pipeline. Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark
New Contributor II

I had to do this JSON.stringify($original), but that worked. Using $original caused insertion problems into a varchar2 or clob because it wasnt the same datatype. But, your recommendation to put it in the mapper snap of the error pipeline worked out great because I only had to change the one error pipeline and not all 20 or so pipelines that call the error pipeline. Thanks