cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Got error while executing the SAP IDoc Write snap

GBekkanti
New Contributor III

Hi,

I got the below mentioned error while executing the SAP IDoc write snap.

SAPIDocWriterError

Can you please explain the reasons for getting this error? and how to overcome with this error?

12 REPLIES 12

Hi GBekkanti,

Please make sure if you have
SAP port entries in /etc/services
file in unix groundplex server nodes.

Make
sure you are using the BAPI which is already created in SAP system and passing necessary elements for BAPI write.

Thanks,

Umashankar

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original
message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law,
this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance
on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.

GBekkanti
New Contributor III

Hi @umashankar316,

SAP port numbers are available and IDoc is generated in SAP side but, I am getting the above mentioned error rather than IDoc number.

The error message states that the call is not getting to the server. It looks like you may be validating the account with one plex and using another when you try to run the pipeline. Please check to make sure you are using the same plex for both tasks.
Best regards,
Rich

GBekkanti
New Contributor III

Hi @rdill,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the same plex for both tasks. IDoc is generated in SAP but, I am not getting the IDoc number rather above mentioned error output.

Can you just let me know the use of โ€œIDoc Read BAPI Nameโ€ this property in SAP IDoc write snap. Do we need to provide any value for this property when we are writing an IDoc to SAP[Inbound to SAP]?

umashankar316
New Contributor II

Hi Gbekkanti,

Yes, IDOC Read BAPI name, success codes and elements values is required to write the SAP BAPI.

Please go through link and configured SAP account along with SAP IDOC write snap.

https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/1438400/SAP+IDoc+Write

NOTE : SAP snaps should run on groundplex.

Thanks,
Umashankar