cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to loop thru a REST snap

arvindnsn
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to load transaction data from a REST API end point. The API has pagination as required Input parameter. I am using the REST GET to fetch the data and the Https URL should be as below.

https://xxxxxx–xxx/transactions?datestart=2018-11-19T00:00:00&dateend=2018-11-20T00:00:00&pageSize=1000&pageNo=1.

I am trying to design a process which loops thru till the REST API call returns null data set.

For example, if the above REST URL gives output, I have to call the same URL again with the pageNo input parameter as 2 and if it provides a data set, then 3 and on and on. The loop has to end when the REST API comes out with a null data.

Any help to solve this would be highly appreciated and also would like to know if looping is the only option and right approach.

Thanks
Aravind N

26 REPLIES 26

@tlikarish , yes this is one of the option but server side code is just returning has next=true/false and next token, no page number. But we have resolved it with REST Get itself.

has next=true && snap.out.totalCount < 10

TimBurns
New Contributor III

It looks like the Snap just swallows the errors on the callback URL, so it wasn’t creating documents every time it ran. I fixed the URL and now it is.