cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to search and replace in a csv file

swright
New Contributor III

Iโ€™m trying to design a pipeline that changes gets a zip file via sftp that contains a single csv file, then do a search and replace in the csv (in this case it is replacing all the values in a single column with another value), then put the csv back in the zip file.

Iโ€™m not sure how to best do this. I can get the csv unzipped using a ZipFile Read snap. Then I use a csv parser snap, but now I need to do a search and replace for the value. How should I do this?

Basically, I need to know how to search and replace in a csv file. In this case I need to search and replace in a column but I also need to know how to do a general search and replace.

Thanks,
Scott

4 REPLIES 4

del
Contributor III

Check out the String functions replace and replaceAll

swright
New Contributor III

Thanks Del, but Iโ€™m looking for something that will find and replace something in the entire file. If I can break the file into strings, do a replace, and then put the csv back together then I guess that could work but Iโ€™m not sure how to address all the rows and fields that I need in the csv. Maybe Iโ€™m misunderstanding your answerโ€ฆ

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Good day, what I usually do is to use the replace function with regex argsโ€ฆ for example I want to replace a group of characters within the boundaries of c-f and length is greater than 3 with <<SUCCESS>>

in the mapper where you can access the whole content do the a string manipulation Base64.decode(Base64.encode($['content'])).replace(/([c-f]){3,}/gi,'<<SUCCESS>>')

skatpally
Former Employee

Try the below Expression.

$.mapValues((value, key) => value.toString().contains(โ€˜imgโ€™) ? value.replaceAll(โ€˜imgโ€™,โ€˜โ€™) : value)

Hope this helps.